Pigeon Lk. Report , late sorry this was Jul 1st weekend!

fcm420

Here's a few pics from our campin trip on Pigeon back on Jul 1st weekend.

small016.jpg

small018.jpg

small023.jpg

small025.jpg

small026.jpg

small027.jpg

small030.jpg

Those are the best photo's of the trip, all in all, pretty good... September will be better im sure.

looks like a pretty good fishing trip!!..those are some beauty skis, do you guys have any guesses on the weights of those fish..just curious

looks like some great action, must have been a blast getting into a few muskies, not bad average size to them either...give those puppies a couple more years and they will be some kick@$$ fish :blush:

Guest Rowaan

How did you get the muskies? Were you trolling or just casting?

I headed up there at the end of July I would love to get a muskie.

Nice going on the skis! Looks like you had a good time with the toothy ones. Did the first ski break your rod.....or did it getin the way of the net ? :blush:

Im guessn from your pics you were fishing lil bob channel and in front of emily park...yep deadly muskie around there.

Yea lots of musky all around the mouth of the lake and a couple spots in the river system

Jamie Caught all his Casting Mepps #5's w/ red & Black, or Yellow bucktail . He purely focus'd on Musky the whole trip...

The first night I was up there it was just me fishing, jamie wasnt coming for a couple days later... I used Blue & Black Gulp swim worms w/ a bullet weight carolina rig' , and just flipped the edges of the weedbeds for bas... but ended up getting 1 Bass, 4 Musky ( 2 babies ) , and a nice sized walleye, 5lb range at best guess .. all in about 10 casts... so I had decent luck..

When Jamie joined me I stuck with the Gulp and Tube Jigs , and picked up some real night Bass, and the Musky were Nailing the tubes just as consistantly as they were Jamie's Spinner baits.

We fished out front of a small Gas station, restraunt / marina one evening, and gathered a Cheering section from the outdoor patio as they watched us pull in 4 Musky's in about 20 minutes..

Always funny to see groups of people get so excited when they see a 35" musky leaping through the air.

Good times for sure.

Best chances for Musky in Pigeon lake is Weedbeds that are out in the open, that is weedbeds that are surrounded by water, instead of bordering the shore.

10 casts eh..well that is awsome....and then say pigeon lake is fished out ...haha far from it even the pickerel are in the plenty and good sizes this year

A great fishery for a lake that is semi upnorth and only 1 hour and a half from Toronto.

Archived