Bass and Muskie Fishing

peddletothemeddle

My buddy Roger called me up last night, and asked if I wanted to fish the Niagara river with him. He was going for Muskie, but I decided to go for bass. We launched the boat at about 5:30, and we were off. The first drift down, he had a small muskie follow his bait to the boat. It looked like it was going to be the start of a good day. About 20 minutes later, I hooked into this smallmouth bass. I was jigging a tube jig, and it absolutely smashed it. It weighed 3.5 lbs on the digital scale.

DSC00283.jpg

I also caught one other smallmouth about 1 lb, and a largemouth about 2 lbs. All the fish were released. Roger did not get any muskie, but it was still a great day to be on the water.

hey nice bass, and ya never know when ya might get the big toothie critters to follow ya up to the boat, how's the slimey moss situation out there, been wanting to get out myslef, but figured there is not much sense if all you catch is moss..lol..and with the wind lately too, makes for some big time work out there to get into the fish...although it looks nice and calm where you guys where :lol:

Archived