Trout fishing today Mar 17/09

Gordy M

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, the date was wrong on the clip but it was shot yesterday. Its a poor video but taken on my still camera- Im still learning how to use it, in fact Im still learning this computer stuff .

Its not the biggest trout in the river but he was very colorful and surprisingly strong. It was hooked on the bottom end of the backdrift and when I finally landed him we were on the US side opposite the ramp. He had some one elses hook in his jaw as well. The video was intended to promote catch and release and as a tribute to the great fishing in the Niagara Region!

good going on the fish..you will probably find that most people CPR the fish on the river

man it's was busy in that drift yesterday :lol: , we opted not to fish it all day..it was pretty busy all around

seems the nice weather brings out all kinds...that's ok, on the coldest January days when we put a dozen in the boat in a couple hours,we have most of the river to ourselves :D

the boat traffic really has the fish scattered around, been a tonne of pressure since the weekend...so 4-5 days of that really gets the fish on the move :P

You are correct JWL, that was a busy drift yesterday, but we got 3 quick ones there and went over to Art Part for the rest of the day, lost another one on that drift.I also enjoy winter trout fishing. Ive had some double digit days in Nov and Dec as well. Niagara is one fine river. Tight lines!

gotta admit it was a beauty day to be on the water..I have a sunburn on my face and hands from the last 2 days :P

I think it was a little too nice for the fishing..bring back the cold cloudy days :lol:

Archived