Quick Question

greg9087

I saw this 12 foot boat at canadian tire today. I think it was called a Jon boat. I was thinking of saving some money and buying one. Was also thinking of getting a trolling motor for it. I don't know if I need a Pleasure Craft Operator Card? If so how old do you have to be to get one? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

As of september 15th all boat operators will be required to have a operator card. There will be amendmants to include all electric powered craft also from what I am told......If you need an operators licence then shoot me a PM .

As of september 15th all boat operators will be required to have a operator card. There will be amendmants to include all electric powered craft also from what I am told......If you need an operators licence then shoot me a PM .

Just another cash grab... it would make sence to get one if there was any sort of test.. a written test over the net is no way to get a license.. could you imagine if we could get our drivers license like that... it would be chaos on the streets.. if you want to drive a boat its really not that hard but i think if they want to make a license manditory then they should make a driven test of some sort... just like driving tests you bring your own boat drive around a few cones in the water and write a test in a government building.... then ppl would learn how to drive a boat and the laws included in operating a pleasurecraft..

some people think it ok to drink in a boat... is it legal to drink in a car??? NO!!! then why do we see so many people getting killed every year because of alochol in a boat.. i know this does not answer your question but it just grinds my gears how much of a joke a pleasure craft license is......!!

I wrote mine this summer when exiting bass pro shops in Vaughan. There was a very attractive girl asking people if they had written the test. I agreed to write it.

Then she sent me into a tent with some dude.. Not what I was hoping for :wacko:

Either way it was dead easy and well worth it! I am now a safe boater!

i will be getting mine for my cottage up on the french the CO up there is always pulling the boaters from my buddy's lodge which i stay at so i have to get one

Agree......the whole thing was set up very poorly and is clearly not intended to promote safeboating. Nothing beats hands on experience. There are so many 'agencies' that offer PCOC and I doubt many are very credible....just a cash grab.

Agree 100% Ollie......the gov'ts. have eliminated the word "tax" & have found by calling things a fee , levy , health premium ....and wait for the new tire "environment fee" coming our way :wacko:

This boaters fee on small boats with electric motors is just plain dumb ....next year they will add it inner tubers . Get it while the fee is still just $60 & up .

It is a joke ... I was at canal days a few years ago, caught the concert, had many brewskies. Afterwards we were walking around checking everything out, and there was a booth set up for the operator's card. The guy said that if we failed, it was no charge, but if you passed you got the card (and pay the 40 bux). Well, 3 sheets to the wind, my buddy and I wrote the test, I never operated a boat in my life, turned down the offer to give the manual a quick read, just sat down and wrote and passed the test. I still chuckle about that one ...

Archived