Huge Quarry On Escarpment

smerchly

It said this area is good farmland and they want to destroy good farm land to make a huge hole . I feel sorry for the people who will have to put up with the noise and fumes from thousands of dump trucks which will destroy the roads etc . It seem this country is still the hewers of wood supplying the world with our natural resources . Too bad we aren't smart enough to process our own raw materials (or grow our own food) .I can only hope the first nation people cause them big trouble as they seem to be the only people with back bones still intact .

Most of Niagara region's landfill sites were originally quarries, and they are nestled along the escarpment. Does not matter if a liberal or tory is running the province, they will both give the go ahead.

Industry needs the materials quarried from the ground, and the pit is a simpler dumping method than the trash mountains. ( that's how you build public ski slopes) That and Toronto's agreement for trucking trash to Michigan will soon expire. Politicians will side with the urban voter over the farm vote evey time.

Other than the escarpment the article doesn't say where the quarry is. Does any know?

I can't believe the escarpment commission would allow this when they shut down the guy in Hamilton with the shooting range.

Other than the escarpment the article doesn't say where the quarry is. Does any know?

I can't believe the escarpment commission would allow this when they shut down the guy in Hamilton with the shooting range.

This one would be in Dufferin County, north of Guelph. So, part of the escarpment, but not in Niagara. There have also been proposals for a quarry near Mt. Nemo.

Archived