Algonquin park with my son

Radio

Excellent! Love fishing in the backcountry of Algonquin. Good job to the little one. 

3 hours ago, Radio said:

Took my son into northern algonquin for a loop trip. All in we did 30 kms in portages. Fishing was awesome for specks in some of those back lakes. No monsters but good numbers. Proud of the boy, tough as nails.

Screenshot_20240513_225925_Gallery.jpg

20240512_155644.jpg

20240512_073634.jpg

How do you know where to go? Are their trails that run all around  the lakes or are you making your own tail?

Hi Tyler.  Yes you don't cut your own trails... you pick an access point, enter the area and follow your map... basically going from lake to lake with portages in-between the lakes. Mostly everything is relatively well marked. Portages and campsites. You can make a trip as easy or as hard as you want. Tying your food in a tree... etc... good to research the ins and outs but doable.

56 minutes ago, Radio said:

Hi Tyler.  Yes you don't cut your own trails... you pick an access point, enter the area and follow your map... basically going from lake to lake with portages in-between the lakes. Mostly everything is relatively well marked. Portages and campsites. You can make a trip as easy or as hard as you want. Tying your food in a tree... etc... good to research the ins and outs but doable.

Definitely a trip I’d like todo.