Water Clarity ?

Any reports on water conditions since we had a lot of rain here lately , heavy downpours , lightening and lots of runoff from farms ,roads and ditches .

The rains have been scattered so some areas got much more than others . I was coming out from Walmart on Friday and it was pouring rain . On my way home (1 km) my street was dry ! 

Some of my shore spots may be muck and other spots ok . Port Dal. may be my first choice ........  :Gonefishing:

I haven't fished in over 8 days since the first batch of big rains.

My crappie sports should be fire now, but the waters were high and dark.

Best to go for catfish in most water.

Harbour is still dingy. 

1 hour ago, Port_D_Guy said:

Best to go for catfish in most water.

It is raining now with some thundering . I just planted some more bean seeds , may need to cover them if more rain is expected.

All plants are doing very well this year and a rat ate 5 cucumber plants . The rat is now deceased as it (she) liked my chicken ....and my month old worms are still healthy in the 5*C. mini fridge. 

Maybe my first run will be for catz'n carp .

8 hours ago, smerchly said:

Any reports on water conditions since we had a lot of rain here lately , heavy downpours , lightening and lots of runoff from farms ,roads and ditches .

The rains have been scattered so some areas got much more than others . I was coming out from Walmart on Friday and it was pouring rain . On my way home (1 km) my street was dry ! 

Some of my shore spots may be muck and other spots ok . Port Dal. may be my first choice ........  :Gonefishing:

Port has been choco brown

40 minutes ago, bigugli said:

Port has been choco brown

Probably the same at Jordan and CDP with the farm runoff . 

Might be worth a few hours fishing Port Dal. with a 3 way worm harness rig to catch cats and an eye. 

I need to take the van for a run , been idle for a few weeks . A large bunny was killed near my driveway this morning (lots of road kills lately) and I want to rid of it in a 'natural' environment , so I'll check the 12 and Gib. area out today . The banks have been cleared from brush and weeds so ticks should be minimal hopefully .

The 12 has been at low tide for a while and should be for some time this summer for the world regatta races at Port D.

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

I need to take the van for a run , been idle for a few weeks . A large bunny was killed near my driveway this morning (lots of road kills lately) and I want to rid of it in a 'natural' environment , so I'll check the 12 and Gib. area out today . The banks have been cleared from brush and weeds so ticks should be minimal hopefully .

The 12 has been at low tide for a while and should be for some time this summer for the world regatta races at Port D.

I know they been catching a few walleyes at the pier below the dam when the vis is more then a foot.  Have to try for carp soon up there, been a crappy fishing year so far.

Gibby has about a foot vis. today , good for carp fishing . It will take a while for the 12 to clear up .  Tomorrow looks 'promising'.:Gonefishing:

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

Gibby has about a foot vis. today , good for carp fishing . It will take a while for the 12 to clear up .  Tomorrow looks 'promising'.:Gonefishing:

Did you get a line wet? You should’ve pre baited it for tomorrow

2 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Did you get a line wet? You should’ve pre baited it for tomorrow

Just on a mission to check water vis. & dispose of a big rabbit killed on the road here. I checked & sorted my month+ old worms & they look good to go.

I rigged up a rod to try for cats ect. at Port D tomorrow. If the gobies are too hungry I can toss swim baits at Rennie for pike. Carp will be next ....Gibby or CDP. 

Water vis. at Gib looks good for carp .....

Screenshot 2024-06-10 213741.jpg