Are you getting out in this heat wave.

Anyone fishing with all this heat.  What are you targeting. Fishing from shore or a boat.

I've tried a few evening for pike, but guessing they are hiding deep.

:Gonefishing:

Sunfish !   It was close to 100* F. in the sun yesterday and this old dude is going to wait for a cooler day to shore fish .

Good luck to those who venture out , hope those eyes are still in the shallows .

Just came back from the shores of lake o here in Grimsby. My dad bought a bunch of spinners from temu, #5 and  #6 blue fox Chinese knockoffs he wanted me to test. You can tell the quality of material is different, the main wire shaft feels weaker, blade feels thinner and some came with good hooks, others did not. But the spinners performed very well and had great flash and thump when reeling them in, and at less than $2 each it’s actually a pretty decent value. Saw a bonus smallmouth cruising the shore in the 2-3lb range and saw something rather large make a boil about 30 yards from me. All said a good hot 30 mins out there, stay safe in the heat everyone!!

Tried getting out yesterday for pike from shore, not a sniff... I'm worried we're already in to the dog days of summer before bass opener is even here.

I was out today tossing the fly in Lake Erie for bass.When I came into shore just after 2 I felt "dangerously" over heated...Fishing sucked I only managed 5 Bass and 2 Sheephead..Had just as many short hits and a lot of uninterested fish...I thought may be it was the fly that wasn't working. But there was not much being caught and lots of boats on the water.....I'm going to blame it on the heat.

56 minutes ago, Dave said:

I was out today tossing the fly in Lake Erie for bass.When I came into shore just after 2 I felt "dangerously" over heated...Fishing sucked I only managed 5 Bass and 2 Sheephead..Had just as many short hits and a lot of uninterested fish...I thought may be it was the fly that wasn't working. But there was not much being caught and lots of boats on the water.....I'm going to blame it on the heat.

5 bass not the worst day. At least no skunk

Good to see the large schools of minnows to keep the perch fat and healthy for the fall/winter fishing , send some this way I can't even buy a minnow here !

1 hour ago, Port_D_Guy said:

The fishing is so bad that even the fish stories are non existent. 

Too much rain ?  hot weather ?  smart fish ?