Suggestions for good places to float fish (easy access into the water)

Tomorrow morning I want to be getting into the water by 530am just before sunrise.   I am taking my daughter out for a float on our float tubes.  Its going to be her first time.  Being newer down here I have only been out in them twice, Martindale Pond and Lake Gibson ( as i learned later not allowed in gibson)  So I was just wondering if anyone out there has some suggestions of other places we can try, Martindale is alright but its annoying trying to fish while rowers are giving you dirty looks for being in the water hahahaaha, no seriously they are jerks.   Anyways, I am not sure of access to places, and obviously we don't want somewhere with too much current.   So not asking for anyones fishing spot since I will be in the water but would appreciate any ideas of where to go

float.jpg

Dills Lake in Chippawa Creek Conservation Area….there is bass in there.

Don’t think they open till 8:00 though.

After July 15 you could fish Gravelly Bay in Pt Colborne, but its a closed sanctuary till then.

Rowers/coaches aren't jerks. They kind of have the right of way there.

You have to adhere to their routes and keep a respectful distance from their travels.

Being on tube is less visible than a kayak with a flag or a bright canoe.

Obviously you'll be on the losing end of a collision, so why invite trouble?

Welland Rec Canal (In Welland) has lots of room for  fishing. Small and Large mouth, pike, perch, panfish and more.   Some rowers and plenty of spots to put in.  

9 hours ago, Bass-turd said:

You can try Jordan marina, lots of species to be had there

And also Jordan Harbour located on 21st St. at the Conservation park, lots of shoreline to explore in shallow water . I would expect it to be very muddy water from the heavy rains since the 20 Mile Creek runs through farmlands. Worms on a float rig can be fun catching catfish ,carp, perch, drum, ect ect. and there's parking and a boat ramp (no outboard motors allowed. At onetime they held bass tournaments there but over the years it has gotten too shallow with the sediment buildup.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2024 at 4:45 PM, CrankySpinner said:

Tomorrow morning I want to be getting into the water by 530am just before sunrise.   I am taking my daughter out for a float on our float tubes.  Its going to be her first time.  Being newer down here I have only been out in them twice, Martindale Pond and Lake Gibson ( as i learned later not allowed in gibson)  So I was just wondering if anyone out there has some suggestions of other places we can try, Martindale is alright but its annoying trying to fish while rowers are giving you dirty looks for being in the water hahahaaha, no seriously they are jerks.   Anyways, I am not sure of access to places, and obviously we don't want somewhere with too much current.   So not asking for anyones fishing spot since I will be in the water but would appreciate any ideas of where to go

float.jpgPM sent