Skunk

smerchly

Not fishing related but wish it was.....

A skunk was killed in front of my house early this morning. It was on the middle of the road and the stink was waffling through our windows, so I picked it up with a shovel and put it beside the curb before the trucks and buses splattered it all over the road. I called the city and they said the Region would come to pick it up. It is still there !

I'll call again in the morning . It still stinks up the house and yard and tomorrow will be hot and sunny again. Most of the animals killed on this street are squirrels and rabbits and I can dispose them without the stink. Any advise what to do if they don't show up again ?

Maybe bag it and drop it off at city hall. Is there a way to collect a few dozen maggots and preserve them for ice fishing ? 

One way or another that skunk will be gone tonight. We can't rely on the Region to do their jobs. 

Ty ....can't imagine the stink to cremate Peppi !   🦨-- 💨

Update .....So I called a few places today and found the Humane Society will pick up the rotting skunk . I placed a piece of plywood over it to keep the hot sun off the skunk. While walking past my bedroom window I saw another dead skunk ??? What The Fish ??? I have no idea what killed it and how it ended up beside the central air unit , no obvious sign of trauma , no blood , maybe poisoned ?? 

A young lady showed up from the local Humane Society and bagged both skunks (male & female I believe). They will be cremated at a local animal place where they cremate pets. We will see more animals killed on this speedway street and those super bright vehicle lights cause more animals their lives. 

Would make a cool hat! Could have gunner mount it. Lots of cool things you can do with a dead skunk, kids in the neighbourhood must not have a good imagination, dead skunk and stick, maybe some rope to drag it behind a bike, should provide hours of entertainment based on experience 😎

I'll keep my Davey Crocket hat thanks ....  I don't think Gunner would want the job unless there's a way to 'defume' Peppi . 

8 minutes ago, Surf and Turf said:

maybe some rope to drag it behind a bike, should provide hours of entertainment based on experience 😎

I have a bike , sounds like a good idea . I can add a couple of cow bells to get the crowds to move faster.😜