Where to go

Duncan

I am in a bit of a quandary as to where I should go tomorrow (Thursday sept) I am going from Wellandport and as I see it my options are 

1 Dunnville below dam 

2 Waterford ponds 

3 long point inner bay .

i will be using a kayak for fishing any of these spots . 
any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated . 
cheers

stay home and fis

Scrap Waterford or last resort 

winds are tough tomorrow. You gotta really pick your spot with winds 20-30km. 
Below dunnville is always fun and not sure how the south winds will be at LPB. could be ok depending where you fish. 

Yes I went out for the morning . I was only able to get a couple of channel cats . The wind was making it a little tough to navigate in the kayak I was using , it’s a bit of a beast in trying to track in it .  Late afternoon I went to Chippewa conservation area and managed to get some nice large mouth . They where not exceptionally large between 1 to 2 lbs it turned out the Baitcaster I had grabbed was a light weight rod that I normally use at home in my pond , so the fight was a lot more intense as opposed to using a mid weight .

8 hours ago, Duncan said:

Yes I went out for the morning . I was only able to get a couple of channel cats . The wind was making it a little tough to navigate in the kayak I was using , it’s a bit of a beast in trying to track in it .  Late afternoon I went to Chippewa conservation area and managed to get some nice large mouth . They where not exceptionally large between 1 to 2 lbs it turned out the Baitcaster I had grabbed was a light weight rod that I normally use at home in my pond , so the fight was a lot more intense as opposed to using a mid weight .

That’s awesome. Glad you got into some fish. 

11 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

That’s awesome. Glad you got into some fish. 

I do have a question on tackle . I have seen the name Peter in regards to a store in St Catherine’s , is he still in business these days 

cheers 

21 minutes ago, Duncan said:

I do have a question on tackle . I have seen the name Peter in regards to a store in St Catherine’s , is he still in business these days 

cheers 

Yes store still there and Open with lots of Stuff... HIDE YOUR WALLET... LOL

26 minutes ago, Duncan said:

cheers 

He passed away years ago but his wife runs it now. 

peterstackle.com  

The store is run by Angela , his wife since Peter passed away. I bought all my carp gear there. 

Check closely for opening hours 

Look like we both got out of bed the same time lol

On 9/8/2024 at 11:38 AM, smerchly said:

peterstackle.com  

The store is run by Angela , his wife since Peter passed away. I bought all my carp gear there. 

Check closely for opening hours 

Look like we both got out of bed the same time lol

I checked it out yesterday , It’s a nice store  I couldn’t walk out empty handed so I bought a couple of rods and some bits and pieces . It’s always nice to support the local community  businesses, and not just the big box places , When I got home I found I had a very similar rod to the Fenwick I bought and when I got to work today I found a couple of others that are similar . Old age does that to you .

5 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Old age does that to you .

I think I am the oldest dude here (82 in March) I still have a few old 1950's one piece 5.5 ft. rods and casting reels , one hanging on a bedroom wall 

I will be heading to P.Dal soon to check it out and hope to cast a few tubes from the west pier. Maybe the parking is free now since Labour Day....

Both Peter's Tackle are great to deal with and they are always there to help set you up and give good information. You don't get those perks at C.T, Wally's ect..