Keswick tourney.

ham&eggs

My brother& myself are entered in the Keswick tourney. Sat. feb. 4.Looks like decent prizes.I heard its one of the biggest ones around.A buddy has gone twice & got skunked once.The other time ,ice was not safe & drew prizes on shore.Anybody else going?How about you Sirfishalot?

I would love to go pal but I am going on the nip trip with scotty and the boys that weekend.Let me know when you want to go for the day on simcoe ,we'll take Ryan and Matt with us . That is an awesome tourney. just make sure you fish the outside rim if possible.with all the drilling and whatnot going on the fish are spooked pretty good. Good luck. Let me know how you do...Thom

i fished it, i think if we are on the same page.

huge tourney right? they run it outta somewhere in the praires? hold it mid feb?

the year i fished it was outta control, the winds were so high that the ice huts were breaking free and heading accross the bay at like 50 klicks. i was to young to really know what was goin on, but my dad and i got skunked, last year or the year before my dad and his friend fished it, but they got into granpa's cough syrup and ended up almost getting in a fight for wanting to get to the prizes so they could get outta there, they were also skunked.

Guest Classicfishing

It's a good time make sure you atre there early like 4:30 or 5 am to line up if you are in the first flight out. Try to go out to the edges the far right corner has been hot in past years. Use very basic gear. Florocarbon line with small split shot and a small coloured hook I like red or chartreuse with a minnow or maggot and hope for the best. If there is 2 of you have one jig with a jigging rap with the middle hook removed and put a 3 inch drop line with a hook and minnow on it. Firetiger and the black and gold colours are good. Good luck and bring home a big prize.

Unfortunately we,re out at 10 am.I know about trying to get the outer limits & thanks for the other info.We are definitely going to try different techniques & hope for the best.I,ve been told the earlier the better,but you nver know.I just heard about this last week.maybe I,ll have a very profitable pic to post.Thanks again

Last year was my first time. They gave away rods and reels to the 1st 100 fish brought to the scales. Mine was #98, a 0.24lb perch. Alot of Pike were brought in. Pizes are great. I'm getting a little worried about the ice this year, has anyone heard what their plan is if we can't go out?

http://www.originalicefishingcontest.com/

I got info. from the Lake Simcoe mess. board.As of right now its still safe,But that could change right up to the final day.Some comittee members monitor the ice ,I was told.If not safe prizes drawn on shore.I,d rather try to fish to win rather than wait for my #.Whatever happens I,m still looking forward to it.

Archived