port dover perch

joe

hi guys... dover was great for perching again even with the heat . lots of keepers and very little small perch this time out, the lake was like glass and no action . but as soon a the wind came up the fishing turned on big time.i guess they need that chop on the lake?, here are a few pics

e74290fd.jpg

b4a73fef.jpg

pauline , her dad and i had a blast . just none stop action for most of the afternoon, we had to stop as we ran out of minnows. we ran into a great couple mike and rosa, and i was having trouble with people lifting fish out of our pail. so mike says to one guy hey i dont put my hands all over your diner do i :worthy:

FUN HAD BY ALL

joe and pauline

Nice catch joe and pauline. Just a question and no flaming meant---are some of them still in spawning mode or are their tummies stuffed with minnows?? Buddy of mine was down on Monday, caught a few but no real jumbos, apparently other people were doing ok :worthy::worthy:

hi PH....... no we dont do any scaling. by the time we get back to hamilton with the fish in the cooler on ice

they usually look that way. just so you know we use bigger minnows and seem to catch bigger perch

who knew? sssshhhh just between you and me :worthy:

joe and pauline :worthy:

hi PH....... no we dont do any scaling. by the time we get back to hamilton with the fish in the cooler on ice

they usually look that way. just so you know we use bigger minnows and seem to catch bigger perch

who knew? sssshhhh just between you and me :worthy:

joe and pauline :worthy:

My buddy found the same thing, could only get small minnows at the local bait shop. Could hardly get a sniff while the guys who were able to net their own(bigger) did much better

4-5 inch minnows are great there, damn now the cats out of the bag!

still hoping to run into that packrat guy :worthy: at dover to try some perching together

im still nursing a good sun burn so it might be a few days for us :worthy:

hoping to see some of you guys down there sometime :D

joe and pauline

damn no one can keep a secret

good fishing guys

Great looking dinner you have there Joe ! That 14" er is a whopper perch .........maybe gobies are the bait to use.......shhhhhh , it's against the good book . I wonder if they would hit a mepps with a worm , or a 4" power bait ? Hey Joe.....about that burn .....try a gob of shaving cream and rub it all over the burn . It's medicated, and a lime -menthol type works better . Let it begin to dry and rinse off with cool water (tap temp) and let it air dry.... it should feel better . Repeat a few times during the day and it seems to heal up faster. This is great for kids too because it's so creamy it's easy to apply . Nice catch Joe and Paulie !!!!................ok , who got the big one ? :worthy:

hi smerch...... that big one would be MINE :P about freakin time eh. we have had the best of luck lately.

fishing that is. pauline has just been on fire this year, usually out fishes me all the time but you already know that. im usually just :worthy::worthy: and trying to get another smoke in :D

paulines dad had about 4 double headers all BIGG perch. they where so big they deserve two g,s :lol:

2 gobies came out of that big one, to bad you couldnt use those pesky things for someting other than gull bait. thanks for the sun burn cure ill have to try that next time , i always say that there wont be a next time but. :blush:

joe and pauline

Guest Jeetmuck

Great catch Joe and Pauline. Last couple of times out for me and my kids was real slow. Nice to see someone bringing something in. THanks for the pics.

Guest Jeetmuck

Thanks for the advice Joe. I don't usually take the kids down that far cause they can't reach over the wall. Gonna have to go next time out by myself...:lol: right around bikini season...:lol:

Thanks for the advice Joe. I don't usually take the kids down that far cause they can't reach over the wall. Gonna have to go next time out by myself... :lol: right around bikini season... :lol:

Whoa ! :lol: .......If you take that great looking hog and go ala Feelgood thong ........you will have all the bikini clad beauties wanting to bait your hooks for you . :o

Guest boston

Those are some nice slabs there Joe and Pauline, good job, and it's very nice to hear that the perchies are eating the gobies, Now that's what I find interesting, I did not know that, thanks for the report and info, boston.

sure you did :lol: thats one we,ve yet to see ..... perch wearing bikini,s :o

my god man we,ll have every fisherman around showing up at dover.

by the way theres no shortage of bikini,s walking around the pier just checking things out :lol:

hey jeetmuck the wall at the end of that pier on the beach side is only 2 foot tall. good try my friend :lol:

joe and pauline

Guest Jeetmuck

See that's my problem, I never make it past the beach area...:Gonefishing:

I never recalled it was that short, so I never go out, maybe we will do that next trip up.

hey jeetmuck ..... bills on upper james will give you a good scoop of minnies for 5 bucks

dont forget to take some as there getting real scarce up there.

we hope to hook up some time with you

good luck getting past the bikini,s ooppps i mean the beach :Gonefishing:

joe and pauline :lol:

Guest Jeetmuck

Yes, I go there all the time for most of my needs when heading that way. Thanks and hope to run into you out there some time very soon.

Archived